Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Guitar Dad: Learning Life Story Of A Man While his music

Each person has a lifetime to share stories. As a child of divorce, I should know my dad when I was 16. That summer he shared love of music with my guitar and I heard stories about, its wonderful live music.

I spent many nights listening to my father play, he wrote the music and the pieces that have inspired, the stories about his past music spinning in the air like sparks from the campfire. We talk music theory such as the tabloid gossip and ourmusic together until the last set of long and our fingers worn.There some stories I've never learned and I think he always thought there would be time to finally share all the details that make up his past.

I sometimes wonder what he was interested in the guitar and how old he was when he first quoted strings: EADGB E. I think he learned from his mother when he was barely able to speak, as he himself played. There are old recordingsambiguous, citing children's songs are familiar German people, singing the words I do not understand.

I often imagine my young father at the end of the line, flanked by six sisters highest ranks of the smallest, all of whom wore the veil. I have added a dramatic climax in which he decided to leave the family production, making the jump symbollic and surprise of "The Sound of Music" to "A Hard Day's Night."

Dad shared a story about the timehis life when he discovered raw sound of The Beatles and Led Zeppelin at the 60 and leave the classical studies. Around the time he left home and met my mother. He grew his hair out and learn the chords of songs that make your toes curl her parents. He certainly mellowed with age, as I "met" again he was back to classical roots.

Dad has always dreamed of a unique electric guitar with a neck width of great classic, Frankenstein frominstrument that would combine his love for classic rock and classical. So for two years and I saw him turn Luthier shapeless piece of wood into an amazing tool. My dad loved to play guitar like soulmate and for hours at a time. Then for a long time his heart is not in it, and lonely guitars collecting dust.

Cancer came into her life and the guitar summned to work again, the life jackets. Heplaying music on the days waiting for the good and the guitar when he was too weak. September is displayed next to the flower bouquets and my father's ashes. This return to the Case and not played since.

When I was grieving the loss of my father, I am comforted by the stories of other people about my dad. My mother recently shared a story from the time when he and they were first married and before I was born. He described how he sat cross-legged and bentin a small apartment above them, leaning into the gentle guitar picking. Mother says she always have the foresight of concentration as he plays the way through a song, such as scientists bent on all microscope work. I know that face.

That is how I remember him best, playing music.

Losing my dad made me realize that every family has a thousand stories to share explode. It is time for me to share my story with my fatherfour years old son, Ryan. Time for him to understand that our love for music and why I cry at night.

It was like waiting for my guitar all the time, hoping I would pick heavy string and remove the notes that my father lived. I took it and held it close, so much heavier than my little hollow violin. Large finger on the varnish that will not be listed again, the aroma of cigarette smoke on the leather strap. Ilooking for a few chords I learned from watching him play so much last summer.

Ryan stunned witness, a familiar intensity filling his eyes and he understood what I was sharing with him. His sweet, loving voice swept pain when she asked gently "I can play the guitar's grandfather, please?"

Thanks To : !: HDTV Lcd Tv This Instant !: Promotion Bathroom Mirror !: Ovation Acoustic Guitar Sale !: The Belly Fat Cure: Discover the New Carb Swap System and Lose 4 to 9 lbs. Every Week by Jorge Cruise, David Katz








No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。